My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

14 November 2005

Procrastination is thy name...

or maybe it's just lack of concentration. Or the fact that my journal is subtitled with "Welcome to my magic cottage" and I could really use a magic cottage to get any work done. My goal was to have Chapter Two finished by Friday evening. That didn't quite happen. It was kind of hard to do when I could hear that stupid whistling scene from Kill Bill 2. Even with my door closed. My fiancee was gone for all of 7 hours on Saturday, so you'd think I'd be able to get something done. Well, I can honestly say that I got close, but no cigar. Realistically, this book should be writing itself. In fact, it's a re-write. A MAJOR re-write. This book was going to be titled something else and was almost done...before I realized, "HEL-LO, your target audience is 13-18". Somehow, I'd forgotten that little tidbit. Apparently, I was having a senior moment. The plot line was a little bit too risque, so I pretty much have to go back and change A LOT of stuff.

I'm getting off topic--the curse of being a writer, I suppose--but I need to find a better quiet place for me to write. I'm from the old school of "complete silence in order to do my homework." The little office I have at home isn't cutting it.

And really, how long should it take to finish a freakin' chapter?
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 7:32 PM |

0 comments

<< Home