03 June 2007
Labels: Life in General
28 May 2007
Movie Queue: Spiderman-3
Labels: Movie Queue
What's your 4400 ability?The first time I played, I was a healer (Shawn).
The second time, a mind control master (Isabelle).
If you liked Heroes, you're going to like The 4400: Over a period of decades, 4400 people disappeared from various locations around the world. In 2004, they were all brought back to Washington State in a ball of light. After they got back, they discovered that they had been taken by people from the future as a way to avert a global catastrophe. People who gave them special abilities.
The new season starts June 17 on the USA Network. Check it out.
Labels: Boob Tube
27 May 2007
Change is a-comin'...And hopefully it'll be this week. As you can see from the above post, my author website is being re-vamped. It's been a long time coming, too. Two months to be exact. I was hoping to debut it sooner, but the company I went thru had to do some restructuring--and some catching up--and my designer had to step back from my project because nothing was turning out the way it should.
I know all about that stepping back thing.
But today she sent me a link of what she's done so far and it's FREAKIN' AWESOME. I'm dying to see the rest of the pages (the Book pages in particular). I had a vision of how I wanted this site to look. I had specific details for each page and specific images that I wanted to appear on each page.
My designer took these instructions, ran down the court, jumped off the trampoline...and slam-dunked it!
I can't wait to see the finished product and show it to all of you.
Hope you like it.
Note: I blogged about this a couple of months ago. If you'd like to read the explanation behind it all, go HERE and HERE and scroll down to the bottom.
Labels: Life in General
25 May 2007
What I've Done...
24 May 2007
Done and doneIt's that time again, folks. Show finales. All my shows went out with cliffhangers that'll keep me anxious to see the new season. When The Hubby and I started dating, I pulled him in to watching "Buffy", "Angel", "Smallville" and "Alias." It was a way for us to spend time together. We started watching "Supernatural" and "Bones" together. He doesn't watch "Heroes", but he watches "24". No, that wasn't me. It was his best friend, J. I don't know what season it was, but he soon started talkin' smack about "Smallville" and their "Freak of the Week" episodes. I have to agree, there were a lot of those random-villains-with-special-abilities-due-to-the-meteor-shower storylines. The writers must've felt their ears burning on that one and the episodes got better, but The Hubby still talks smack. Out of all of these shows, "Supernatural" is my favorite. Why, you ask? Well, let me give you ten:
10) It comes on after "Smallville", so I don't even have to change the channel.
9) There's a possiblity their demon hunting could land them in "Smallville." At least Dean would be in familiar territory.
8) Even though it's their job to hunt demons, Sam and Dean managed to fit in one nookie session. Dean got lucky first with an old girlfriend (who happened to be African-American!) and I was beginning to wonder if Sam was ever going to get any. He did. Unfortunately, he had to kill her (werewolf thing).
7) The fact that they play classic rock'n'roll like Journey, Stix and Foreigner. During the opening scenes of the finale last week, they played "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas.
6) For the first time since I've watched this show, an episode two weeks ago actually made me scream out loud. Yeah, I know. Go figure.
5) While most of the episodes have dark undertones, there were a couple that were quite funny. In particular, the one case that led them to a movie lot. A movie lot where they give tours. LOL. You should've seen the look on Sam's (Jared) face when the tour guide said "...And now we're going to the set of Stars Hollow where they film 'Gilmore Girls.' Maybe you'll get a chance to see some of the stars."
4) The different identities--and the names--they come up with. It's not all hunt and kill, y'know. They gotta do some snooping around and they have to get creative. Like when Dean came up with Agents Smith and Wesson. And signed a credit card slip with the name D. Hasselhoff.
3) The Winchester Demon Hunting Car: a jet black Dodge Charger. Dean hates flying.
2) The show reminds me of of the male version of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
And the #1 reason why I love "Supernatural":
The eye candy that is Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester)and Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester). I was into Gilmore Girls for a minute or two but stopped watching it by the time Jared came along. As for Jensen, he started out on soaps (Days of Our Lives) before playing Jessica Alba's brother in "Dark Angel" and then Lana Lang's boyfriend on "Smallville".
SO....inquiring minds want to know (well, my inquiring mind, that is): What's your favorite show and why?
Labels: Boob Tube
Hometown Girl Does GoodDraven will be happy to know that I've been watching A.I. for the past couple of weeks. Admittedly, I was hoping Melinda would win, but I think it's great that our very own Jordin Sparks won. The youngest at 17. Very cool. And she's so pretty, too.
During the last two shows done at the Kodak Theater, the camera kept flashing into the crowd and I managed to catch a few famous faces:
The Hoff (aka David Hasselhoff)
David Allen Grier
Who did you see?
21 May 2007
The Year 2007 Overview: GeminiToday marks the first day for the sign of Gemini. My birthday is next month (the 5th) and according to Astrology.com, this is my yearly overview:
Gemini thrives on change, variety and mental stimulation. You will attract these in all areas of your life, making for a very exciting year. Use your talent of looking at your emotions objectively to come to terms with them when you don't understand logically what's going on in your life. Emotions are like events to you, and you have the ability to categorize them well. Your ability to feel connected with people will help keep strong relationships going this year. Treat life's challenges as projects and you will inevitably figure out what's going on.
You will make long strides in your career this year -- as long as you keep faith in yourself. The energy you put into your work will allow you to experience many material blessings in your home environment. Pay close attention to your own creative ideas. Many new inspirational ideas are coming your way and you will benefit by putting your ideas into action in your career. It's important for you to be recognized and feel appreciated for your efforts. (In summary, I hope this means I'll be getting an agent this year)
You attract a variety off people with your great charm, and you have a natural ability to gain admiration. You'll feel energized by the opposite sex. For most of the year, communication will be top priority, and you'll be asked to articulate your inspirational ideas in some kind of writing project. Friends and family are key in helping you manifest your desires, especially in the latter part of the year, and the chance to deepen your relationships with them makes you very happy!
Labels: Life in General
GOING TRADITIONAL STATUS REPORT: Rejection #40Via snail mail today from Dunow, Carlson & lerner Literary Agency:
Thanks for the chance to consider Draven Atreides, Teenage FBI. This is a great idea, and I love the title. I'm sorry to say, though, that I didn't fall in love with the narrative. It feels a little overwritten to me--to my ear the scenes tend to overexplain what's happening, and also at times I think the narrator's sensibility comes across as older than her age.
I won't be surprised to heart that you find others to disagree, and I do wish you all the best with this.
18 May 2007
Driving in PhoenixMy friend, Davi, sent this to me the other day. For us native Phoenicians, this is completely true. For all visitors, snowbirds and random vacationers alike, read and learn:
1.You must first learn to pronounce the city name. It is: "FEE-NICKS."
2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00 a.m. to noon. The evening rush hour is from noon to 7:00 p.m. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.
3. The minimum acceptable speed on most freeways is 85 mph. On Loop 101 your speed is expected to match the highway number. Anything less is considered "Wussy."
4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Phoenix has its own version of traffic rules. For example, cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go first at a four-way stop; the trucks with the biggest tires go second. However, East Valley SUV-driving, cell-phone-talking moms ALWAYS have the right of way.
5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended, cussed out, and possibly shot.
6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. It's another offense that can get you shot.
7. Road construction is permanent and continuous in Phoenix. Detour barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting.
8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks, skunks, dogs, barrels, cones, cows, horses, cats, mattresses, shredded tires, squirrels, rabbits, crows, vultures, javelinas, roadrunners, and the coyotes feeding on any of these items.
9. Maricopa Freeway, Papago Freeway and the I-10 are the same road. SR-202 is the same road as the Red Mountain Freeway. Dunlap and Olive are the same street, too. Jefferson becomes Washington, but they are not the same street. I-17 is also called the Black Canyon Freeway as well as the Veterans Memorial Highway. And if all of that isn't enough to remember, SR-51 has recently been renamed to Piestewa Freeway because Squaw Peak Parkway was too easy to pronounce. Lastly, Thunderbird Road becomes Cactus Road, but Cactus Road doesn't become Thunderbird Road where it dead ends at a mountain.
10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been "accidentally activated."
11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 70 in a 55-65 mph zone, you are considered a road hazard and will be flipped off accordingly. If you return the flip, you will be shot.
12. Most important: For summer driving, it is advisable to wear oven mitts on your hands.
Thank you for visiting Phoenix, Arizona. It's a dry heat.
Labels: Life in General