My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

26 February 2007

GOING TRADITIONAL: Status Report

Rejection #12 via snail mail from Collins Literary:

Dear Celise,

Thank you for your query letter with regard to your work DRAVEN ATREIDES, TEENAGE FBI: A ROYALE PAIN. Unfortunately your novel is not right for Nina at this time. We wish you the best of luck finding a suitable agent and publisher for your work.

Best,

Matthew Elblonk
Assistant to Nina Collins

AND
Rejection #13 via snail mail from Dunham Literary:

Dear Writer:

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry that we cannot invite you to submit your work or offer to represent you. Moreover, we apologize that we cannot respond in a more personal manner.

We wish you the best of luck elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Dunham Literary

I must admit: at this point, I dread checking the mail everyday. Especially when I see the SASE's. Recently, I saw my Ladies Who Launch Incubator moderator at a sales seminar last week. I was catching her up on my agent project and she tells me, "100 is a good round number. Once I get 100 no's, I stop. But you don't have to stop at 100 rejections. You could submit directly to publishers." I could do that. Just not with the bigger houses. But it gave me something to think about. 100 rejections, huh? Well, I've got 37 more to go.

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 5:41 PM |

2 comments

<< Home