My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

24 May 2007

Done and done

It's that time again, folks. Show finales. All my shows went out with cliffhangers that'll keep me anxious to see the new season. When The Hubby and I started dating, I pulled him in to watching "Buffy", "Angel", "Smallville" and "Alias." It was a way for us to spend time together. We started watching "Supernatural" and "Bones" together. He doesn't watch "Heroes", but he watches "24". No, that wasn't me. It was his best friend, J. I don't know what season it was, but he soon started talkin' smack about "Smallville" and their "Freak of the Week" episodes. I have to agree, there were a lot of those random-villains-with-special-abilities-due-to-the-meteor-shower storylines. The writers must've felt their ears burning on that one and the episodes got better, but The Hubby still talks smack. Out of all of these shows, "Supernatural" is my favorite. Why, you ask? Well, let me give you ten:

10) It comes on after "Smallville", so I don't even have to change the channel.

9) There's a possiblity their demon hunting could land them in "Smallville." At least Dean would be in familiar territory.

8) Even though it's their job to hunt demons, Sam and Dean managed to fit in one nookie session. Dean got lucky first with an old girlfriend (who happened to be African-American!) and I was beginning to wonder if Sam was ever going to get any. He did. Unfortunately, he had to kill her (werewolf thing).

7) The fact that they play classic rock'n'roll like Journey, Stix and Foreigner. During the opening scenes of the finale last week, they played "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas.

6) For the first time since I've watched this show, an episode two weeks ago actually made me scream out loud. Yeah, I know. Go figure.

5) While most of the episodes have dark undertones, there were a couple that were quite funny. In particular, the one case that led them to a movie lot. A movie lot where they give tours. LOL. You should've seen the look on Sam's (Jared) face when the tour guide said "...And now we're going to the set of Stars Hollow where they film 'Gilmore Girls.' Maybe you'll get a chance to see some of the stars."

4) The different identities--and the names--they come up with. It's not all hunt and kill, y'know. They gotta do some snooping around and they have to get creative. Like when Dean came up with Agents Smith and Wesson. And signed a credit card slip with the name D. Hasselhoff.

3) The Winchester Demon Hunting Car: a jet black Dodge Charger. Dean hates flying.

2) The show reminds me of of the male version of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

And the #1 reason why I love "Supernatural":

The eye candy that is Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester)and Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester). I was into Gilmore Girls for a minute or two but stopped watching it by the time Jared came along. As for Jensen, he started out on soaps (Days of Our Lives) before playing Jessica Alba's brother in "Dark Angel" and then Lana Lang's boyfriend on "Smallville".

SO....inquiring minds want to know (well, my inquiring mind, that is): What's your favorite show and why?

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 5:47 PM |

0 comments

<< Home