My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

28 May 2007

Movie Queue: Spiderman-3





Starring: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Topher Grace, Thomas Hayden Church


I've been remiss in posting my movie reviews. Case in point, this very review for Spiderman 3. The hubby and I saw this opening weekend and I'm just now putting it up. My bad. I'm sure you all that wanted to see it have seen it by now, but I'm still going to have my say.

It's the third and final installment about your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman, and Peter Parker (Maguire) has seemingly found a balance between superhero life, his personal life with Mary Jane Watson (Dunst), and the continued animosity with Harry Osborn (Franco).

Until two events happen: 1) the man who really killed his uncle, Flint Marco (Church) escapes from prison and 2) an alien goo lands on Earth and manages to somehow attach itself to Peter. The host symbiote feeds on negative feelings and we soon see a change in Peter. His Spidey suit turns black and he's gaining more confidence. But the more he wears the suit, the more the changes become obvious. And not in a good way: The emo hair-do flopping over his forehead, eyeliner rimming his eyes, more confrontational, less caring of others feelings, etc.

Some of the changes were hilarious. Like the scene where he's walking down the street, goes into a store, comes out wearing a snazzy suit and then...well, you've seen it, right? But then they took it overboard and made it Cheese Corny. You know what I'm talking about, right? The Jazz Club Scene? It sort of stopped the flow of the movie--to the point where you were asking yourself "And the point of that was...?"--and then abruptly picked up. I realize they were trying to convey how the symbiote was changing Peter, making him say and do things he normally wouldn't do, but I think the Jazz Club Scene should've ended up on the cutting room floor.

All in all, I'm sad to see this franchise end. I liked the special effects for the Sandman and Venom, as well as Harry's costume. I just wasn't quite expecting the ending.

"Too Cute" Bonus: Mary Jane and Harry dancing to Chubby Checker in Harry's kitchen.

Bonus Trivia: Did you know that Tobey Maguire is a father of a 5 month old girl named Ruby Sweetheart?
Review: 3 1/2 Snaps Up

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 9:54 AM |

1 comments

<< Home