My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

14 February 2007

Book Cleaning

This is like spring cleaning, but for bookworms with overstuffed shelves looking to make space for new books. I'm a MONGO fan of adult series romance books. The ones that come out every month (like Harlequin Blaze and Silhouette Desire). I can usually read two of those in one day. I have favorite authors, too, that I read (Carly Phillips, Lori Foster, Alison Kent, etc), that come out with thicker books and anthologies (see very bottom shelf and 3rd shelf from the bottom).

The other day I went thru and cleaned out the shelves in my writing space/office*:




























I'm not sure what I'm saving that empty shelf for. Maybe for the Harlequin Blaze books. I read those the most. Four full boxes and two tote bags later, the folks at the Civic Library were happy campers. The conversation went a little like this:

"We've been in need of donations and wondering when we'd get some," Library Helper says.

"Have no fear, The Book Goddess is here." I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to clean off my shelves after 10 yrs.

"They're all in such great condition. Like new," Library Helper gushes in awe.

"Yes, I know." Yes, my books are in damn fine condition. Because I read them once, then put them on a shelf. With other books. Where they sit for the next ten years. Touched not by human hands, but a feather duster once a month.

"Did you get good prices for these?" Library Helper asks.
"Silly little mortal, The Book Goddess never pays full price for her books." Barnes and Noble/Bookstar Preferred Reader card, 10% off. eHarlequin online, 20% off.

Reading is my addiction. What's yours?

*You can take a tour of my writing space by going HERE

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 5:33 PM |

0 comments

<< Home