My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

05 February 2007

GOING TRADITIONAL: Intro

I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm going to do a small recap here. Last year, I decided to go the traditional route with my teen series and had intended to start the agent query process in October. I had to put it off and decided to wait until after the holidays. Well, the time has finally come.

And I'm nervous as hell.

I decided to chronicle my journey towards representation and a book deal through monthly updates in my newsletter and regular postings on here. I have a list of almost 30 agencies to whom I'll be submitting and that process starts...today.

And I'm nervous as hell.

Each day I'm going to send out 5 letters and list on here where I sent them to: GOING TRADITIONAL: Today, I'm submitting to...

When I get a response back, (rejection, request for sample, etc), I'll give an update: GOING TRADITIONAL: Status Report.

And did I mention that I'm nervous as hell? I'm sitting here shaking as I type this.

Here's what I'm going to need from you all:
~Good Luck vibes sent out in the universe
~ 20 Hail Marys
~ several thousand "You'll find an agent" yelled with utter conviction
~ a manicure (from all the nailbiting)
~ a doctor on call (from when I pass out over and over again from anxiety)
~ a half dosage of Valium (for when the doctor is out and my husband will have to calm me down)
~ 5 boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.*
~ 3 bags of Cracker Barrel Pancake Mix*


*Seriously. I'm going to need all the comfort food I can get. I'll wrestle anyone for the last bag of cookies and my hubby makes damn good pancakes.

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 1:44 PM |

0 comments

<< Home