My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

22 January 2007

Chocolate Goddess

In our wedding vows, my hubby referred to me as his Chocolate Goddess. Needless to say, I'm going to feel like one when I get this in the mail:






A whole box of heart-shaped chocolate covered brownies from Colt's Chocolate. A female-owned business in Nashville. Female-owned. In case you passed out and just came to, I said female. owned. Chocolate business. Nashville. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Hershey.

"How did you get them?" you ask.

I commented. The Plotmonkeys were holding a contest (See Jan 19th post, Jungle Madness Friday...Nashville-style) and the only thing you had to do to win this manna from Heaven was to read the post. And comment. I read their blog daily (that's why you'll see it listed over there amongst my other Characters) and I just found out today that I won.

WHOOOOO-HOOOOO!

This is the second item I've won since reading the blogs on my list. The first thing was an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy for all you non-authors out there) of Alison Kent's Beyond A Shadow. She's one of my favorite romance authors and I'm seriously diggin' her SG-5 series. The men are H-O-T. Needless to say I was stoked when I won a copy. And when I won the chocolate.

I have a confession to make:

I'm not a chocoholic.

Gasp. I know, I know. If you've recovered from the shock, get back in your chair and continue reading. It feels wrong saying that. I feel like I'm letting my species down when I say that. Don't get me wrong. I love me some 3 Musketeers, KitKat, Oreos (Cookies'n'Cream is my favorite ice cream), and Andes mints. And I will tackle you for the last box of Girl Scout Thin Mints. But I don't have to have it. Chocolate, that is.

HOWEVER...

#1: Auntie Flow will be coming for her monthly visit very soon and my hubby will love it that I'll have something to appease the "sweet" portion of this visit.

#2: My hubby will love that he doesn't have to buy me chocolate next month for Valentine's Day. Not that he ever has before.

#3...and most importantly: I'm starting my agent search next month and I'm going to need all the comfort food I can get when the rejection slips start rolling in. And they will. I'm most certain of this. I fully expect it. And I fully expect to handle it. With chocolate covered brownies from Colt's Chocolate.

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 10:20 PM |

0 comments

<< Home