My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

25 November 2006

Photo Album

Yesterday, Steven and I went to our photographer to pick up our wedding proofs. Keep in mind that we got married in September. The 9th, to be exact.

We were told our pictures would be ready in about 4-6 weeks.

November is almost over. Shouldn't we have gotten a call by now? Shouldn't we have gotten something in the mail?

What's wrong with this picture?

I finally called the guy and he was so confused.

"Were you trying to order pictures?"

"Order? We haven't even gotten our proofs yet?"

"No one has called you? Your proofs have not been sent to you?" he asks in his slight German? Austrian? accent.

"Uh, no."

"Oh, my gosh. I am so sorry. They have been ready. I don't understand. You must have gotten lost in the shuffle."

Granted, we should've called about mid-October. People kept asking us when we'd be getting our professional pictures (we still haven't developed the disposable ones) and that would put another bug in my ear. But other things kept coming up and I'd forget.

Well, we get over there and though he keeps apologizing profusely, he's not ready to show us anything. He almost forgot we were coming over (despite the fact that I'd just called him on Tuesday), so he didn't even have our file up. He couldn't find it at first (but kept reassuring us that it was done), only to realize ten minutes later that he was looking in DVD files when it should've been CD files...rolling my eyes. GAH!

We did get a chance to see a little slideshow and the man really does do beautiful work. And a lot comes with the all-inclusive package we'd paid for:

1- 11 X 14
5- 8 X 10's
20- 5 X 7's
80- 4 X 6's

80? I was thinking. Okay. Well. Gee. That doesn't sound like a whole lot.

Until I found out how many pictures there were.

The CD of proofs we were given is set up in three separate files: Getting ready, wedding, and reception. The wedding file ALONE has nearly 400 pictures in it. 398 to be exact. Let me break that down for you, in case you passed out somewhere in the middle and just came to.

THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY-EIGHT PICTURES, PEOPLE.

Which got me to thinking:

80? 80?! 80 FRIGGIN' 4 x 6 PICTURES????!!!! HOLY. MOTHER. OF GOD. THIS IS GOING TO TAKE US THE WHOLE SIX MONTHS WE WERE GIVEN TO ORDER THESE FRIGGIN' THINGS!

Typical Steven, he wanted to jump right in when we got home.

I was like, "Dude. I need a breather."

It was just too overwhelming to think about. We have to go through each file, write down the ones we like, then try and narrow them down. I'm hyperventilating now as I type this.

The photographer made a suggestion:

Start with the lowest number first.

Which would be the 11 X 14. It makes sense I suppose. Doesn't make me feel any less anxietal, you understand, but it makes it a tad easier. Just a tad. Maybe even half of a tad.

The good news?

~ we can get them in color, black and white or sepia. Free of charge.

~ the same pictures can be used for different sizes. I.E. if we like "this one" as the 11 X 14, we can also get it in a 5 X 7. It just has to be the same type: color, b/w, sepia.

All right. So, maybe I won't need that paperbag after all.

Guess what we're doing tomorrow?



But I'll keep that bag nearby just in case. Wouldn't hurt, right?
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 12:30 PM |

0 comments

<< Home