My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

14 April 2007

Aspiring Drama Queen


She was born the year I graduated from high school.

She's smart, talented, funny and has a great sense of humor.

She's the inspiration for my YA series.

She wants to be an actress/photographer when she grows up.

This is my niece and she needs a favor from you. If you can help in any way you can, we would greatly appreciate it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE OPPORTUNITY


Hello. My name is Takenya Mayberry. I'm 17-years-old and I am an aspiring actress trying to get discovered. I have attended and currently am attending a performing arts high school were I get to do what I love everyday...act!! I recently went to an audition, like I have been for about five years, and I got my first callback from A.C.T. (Academy of Cinema and Television)! A.C.T. is a private school that teaches young actors how to perform in front of the camera, as well as teach you everything you need to know about the film industry. You can only attend A.C.T. by invitation. They hand select unique, talented, and dedicated youth to come and "experience" A.C.T. I have been blessed enough to be one of the few teens chosen to attend A.C.T.! At this private school I am guaranteed an audition every week with casting directors who represent 20th Century Fox, MGM, Disney, Nickelodeon, and many more! The casting directors come to A.C.T. looking for fresh faces and pure unique talent. I am more than positive that this is my time and my chance to get discovered, and I am not going to let ANYTHING get in the way of my future! This is an opportunity of a lifetime!!



MY MISSION

Due to the fact that A.C.T. is a private school and not a talent agency, the tuition ranges from $1,950-$11,900 for 20 weeks-3 years. I must admit that my family cannot fund my journey through A.C.T., but it's only a temporary roadblock. The amount must be paid in full, so I am doing all I can to raise enough money to attend in September 2007. I am not here to beg you for money. I am here to find someone who is willing to invest in me and take a chance. My family believes in my talent and I have faith that I will go far with A.C.T. I know we can make this happen one way or another, no matter what! I know that this is my time to succeed!!


If you would like to help in any way, please contact my father, David Mayberry, at (602) 349-3836.



Thank You
God Bless
Takenya Mayberry

Labels:

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 11:56 AM |

0 comments

<< Home