My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

25 December 2005

Merry Christmas to me...

Today was a good day. Long, but good. For the first time ever, we had dinner at somewhere other than my parent's house. We went to my Aunt's house. Whom I haven't seen since my Uncle died. It's been a few years. I don't remember when he did. Steven and I stayed up until midnight, then opened presents. He bought me: a $25 gift certificate to my favorite online store, GoJane.com, J'adore perfume by Christian Dior, the special edition Aladdin DVD (which he made me open a week or so ago) and five DVD's (The Bourne Supremecy, The Crow: Special Edition, Strictly Ballroom, Hard to Kill--my favorite Steven Seagal movie, and Disney's The Emperor's New Groove). From my parents, Steven and I each received $50 cash. From his best friend Josh's girlfriend, I got a small picture frame with the words "Perfect Match" on it, a silverplated bookmark, $16 gift card to The Body Shop (love their body butter), $10 gift card Barnes and Noble (my favorite bookstore right now thanks to my frequent buyer card), a vanilla scented candle and hand soap from Bath and Body Works. I got Steven the Die Hard box set, a $50 gift certificate to a place called YesAsia. He's really into martial arts and they have a lot of the older kung fu movies that he likes. And a $25 gift card to Best Buy. Which, I admit, I re-gifted. I received it from my boss's boss and haven't bought a new CD in a long time. I figured he would get more use out if it than I would. We got my Dad Star Wars II because it was the last one he needed to complete his Star Wars collection, and we gave my Mom Jackie Wilson's Greatest Hits. Boy, does she love that man. We got my nephew a season of The Simpsons (I forgot which season seeing as how I'm not a really big fan of the show) and my niece the first season to Desperate Housewives.


Dinner was fantastic and filling. Ham and turkey, stuffing, salad, collard greens (yech, don't like those), green beans (don't like those much either unless they're in chinese food), jello, macaroni and cheese, macaroni salad, cranberry sauce, two different kinds of sparkling cider, punch, deviled eggs, rolls, cornbread, and plenty of wonderful desserts. There was a houseful of people and it was great. Steven and I then went to see "Munich" with my sister and her husband. Sad movie, because it was based on real events, but good. Eric Bana was awesome. Steven and I plan on seeing "Memoirs of a Geisha" tomorrow.

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 7:06 PM |

0 comments

<< Home