My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

14 May 2006

Mom's Day Tradition

We had a good Mother's Day today. Me and Steven, my sister and her hubby, my parents, Brandon and Jackie (long time family friends) , their daughter Nik and her daughter Jackie all went out to breakfast this morning. It's tradition. Something we've been doing for 6 years. I can't for the life of me remember what I got my Mom and sister last year for Mother's Day. Probably something from HERE. I love this place. Take a hint guys, it doesn't always have to be jewelry.

This year, I got my sister THIS and my mom THIS. It's too true for my Mom. She hates to cook, but she had to do it because she had a family to feed. It's probably why I hate to cook now. That's not to say I don't know how. I could never duplicate my Mom's fried chicken, for example. But I can do ground beef, a mean bowl of oatmeal, and almost all breakfast food (read: french toast and eggs, mostly, still working on the waffles and pancakes). Steven and I live on t.v. dinners. With baked chicken and stir fry thrown in every once in a while. We live for the moments when we get invited to eat at my parents house because it means 2 things: 1) the only good meal for the month and 2) leftovers.

Hope all the Moms out there had a great Mother's Day!
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 2:53 PM |

2 comments

<< Home