My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

23 October 2006

Who, What, Where, When, Why...

As the time gets closer to the NaNoWriMo challenge, I'm going to be doing more writing type posts. I'm sure you'll get sick of it. If you start to feel nauseous, the bathroom is down the hall, first door on the left. Or beat a hasty retreat. I thought I might kick off the countdown with my writing history.

I first started writing in the 7th grade. Me and a friend were bored during recess one day (yeah, I know. Bored and recess in the same sentence is totally unheard of) and she suggested we write stories and exchange them. Needless to say, she never finished her story. I did. But I realized I had more to say. I didn't want to stop. At that moment, I knew I wanted to be a writer. When I started high school, my father dictated what classes I would take (actually, it was like that with community college and university as well). Since I wanted to be a writer, he thought it was natural for a wanna-be writer to take a journalism class.

Hated it. Two snaps down.

I'm not a short story person. Nor am I a poetry person. I decided to humor my father (I mean, really, what else was I gonna say?) and take the class, but long before I started high school, I knew that I wouldn't like the class. I knew that I was going to be one of those novel writing persons and journalism wasn't going to help me one iota. As I got older and more into my writing, I learned that the cheapest and easiest way to promote yourself as an author was to write articles and submit them to article submission websites. I've registered with several sites, but Articles Factory is one I just discovered.

I hear it's easy. Just write what you know. I'm actually getting sick and tired of hearing that phrase. If I hear it one more time I'm going to slap someone upside the head. Writing what you know is a lot harder than you think. Especially when you write fiction. I could write about kissing, popular cheerleaders with secrets, a cute boy with a secret, dance show co-hosts with a secret, a 17 yr old girl with a long buried secret, and a 16 yr old girl who has a secret job with...

Huh. I see a pattern here.

To date, I have written all of two articles. Maybe I'll be writing a third one.

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 11:10 AM |

0 comments

<< Home