My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

16 February 2006

You've GOT to be kidding...

I was reading an article about the Olsen twins on Yahoo today (the article was dated yesterday). It was mostly in regards to a fashion spread they're doing, but then here's where it gets ridiculous. Ashley's a sophomore at NYU. But Mary-Kate, on the other hand:

"is taking a leave of absence from her studies, in part to recover from a painful breakup with ex-boyfriend Stavros Niarchos, who's now dating Paris Hilton". I'm not sure if this was before or after Paris got engaged to this guy (or if they're back together now), but really? You're kidding me, right? Who the hell has to take time off from school to heal a broken heart?! Granted, it does say "in part", but we all know the real reason why she took a leave of absence, right? When I was younger than her, I thought I was too skinny. I remember wanting to throw a party when I reached 100 pounds. Now, I'm in my late thirties and weigh closer to 120. I consider myself to be petite--which really means skinny-but-with-a-little-more-meat-on-the-bones. When I see stars like her, Nicole Ritchie and Lindsay Lohan looking like skeletons of their former selves, I tell Steven "Please slap me upside the head if I ever get that skinny." Go eat a burger, for crissakes. I can see your ribs from all the way in Arizona.

Once her healing process is complete, Mary-Kate reportedly plans to return to school and complete her studies, either at NYU or a West Coast university, though she has unusual curriculum requirements.

"I need to be able to go to yoga and work out and just read scripts and go on auditions, because that's what makes me happy...Like, papers don't really make me happy," she told W. Well, don't skip a meal thinking about it, sweetheart. It doesn't sound like your cuppa joe anyway. Just an idea, though. It wouldn't hurt to take a couple of classes seeing as how you sort of run your own MULTIMILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS.

With a reported worth of $150 million each, we're thinking both Olsens can afford to stick to what makes them happy. Which is why Paris doesn't go to college, either. Can you imagine what it would be like to have her in one of your classes?
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 12:52 PM |

2 comments

<< Home