My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

16 March 2006

Don't touch that dial, er, mouse

So today--tonight actually--for the second time in my writing career, I'm going to be doing an online radio interview. I did one for the first time last year and I did it from home. This time, it's local and it's in-studio. I'm going to have to be dressed for this one. Damn. Truth be told, if this was the only form of communication I could do, I would do it. Radio interviews, that is. From the safety and comfort of my own home, in my Pj's. I have a thing about public speaking--I don't like it much--so having the anonymity of a phone makes it so much easier for me. I'll have a booth at the 9th Annual AZ Book Festival on April 1st this year. This will be my 3rd time participating, and I've realized that festival situations don't want to make me run and hide. Go figure. Granted, I'm speaking to the public, but not in a contained venue. People will stroll by, say hi, browse, whatever. Standing behind the podium, in front of a room full of people, makes me want to pop a Valium and hope for the best.

Anyhow, I've never met the hosts of this show I'm going to be on, nor have I ever listened to their show (I know, bad radio show guest--two slaps on the wrist for me). The 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, they interview Authors for an hour. Which is pretty cool. An hour may seem like a long time, but from last year's experience, it goes pretty quick (thanks to commercials). But I'm looking forward to it, actually. I have some upcoming events to promote, an upcoming book to promote, and a huge project my company is going to be undertaking within the next year or so.

So, if any of you would care to sit back and listen, call in and ask questions, send me good luck vibes, whatever, here are the details:

Tonight, 6pm-7pm MST, Achieve Radio

The GoodLife News with Joe Carroccio and Joy Malumphy

Call in lines: 800-920-3717 or 623-877-8069.


Speaking of promotion, have you said hello to my renter, Lady Daria yet? She's the NASCAR freak--sorry--fanatic. If not, now would be a really good time to do so.*sigh* I need to get better at this whole promotion thing.
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 8:48 AM |

2 comments

<< Home