My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

10 March 2006

Time's running out

I have 2 days and 23 minutes left before I get booted out of my home at Twilight Requiem. Please take a moment and pop over to visit these creative girls and wish them luck in whatever they do. Solace and Aliandra don't post a lot--they're busy with school, after all--but it's not about clicks and visits. It's about connecting with two girls who have the same aspirations to do what I do: write. While I am a huge advocate of youth literacy, I also like to strongly encourage imagination. If there's even a small interest, I want to cultivate it. This is one of the reasons why I started my company. 5-10 years down the line, Gemini Mojo Press will be a publisher for teens. Not a publisher of adults writing for teens, but a publisher of work written by teens. There is only one publisher that I know of that caters to this age group. One...and unfortunately, I can't remember the name. I'd like to think that by the time I'm able to take on other authors, other publishers will have jumped on the bandwagon. If not, then so be it. I'll have the knowledge that I've filled a unique and unknown hole in the publishing industry.

Maybe by the time I'm ready, Solace and Ali will be, too.
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 10:17 AM |

0 comments

<< Home