My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

19 March 2006

V for Vendetta

Steven and I went to see this movie today. At the IMAX theater. I have to put it in caps like that because that's what it felt like. Sitting there. Staring at a screen 30 stories tall. Having my ears bombarded by twelve. thousand. watts. Of sound. It wasn't bad when there was dialogue. But there were two explosive scenes (literally) and I'm pretty sure my hair was blown back each time. My ears were still ringing from the concert the night before and going to see this movie at the IMAX was apparently the last straw. I am now completely deaf. I'm in the process of learning how to read lips.

If there's an IMAX theater in your area, go see this movie there. And be sure to bring earplugs. I've lived here almost all my life and have never been to the IMAX. Maybe because most of the movies they show there are straight off the Discovery Channel, but this one was worth seeing there. We both really liked the movie. And though you don't see him because of the mask (which is almost freakish. I'll have nightmares for days about that damn mask. No wonder some people are afraid of clowns), V is portrayed by Hugo Weaving ("Missster Anderson"...did you catch that hint?). It's based off a DC Comic and written by the same guy who wrote "Constantine" (another DC Comic). Apparently DC has a dark side.

Anyhow, it's a great movie. It made me think that even though it's fiction, something like that could happen. We don't know what the future holds, but a character in the movie brought up a great point: "We shouldn't be afraid of the government. They should be afraid of us."
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 7:00 PM |

2 comments

<< Home