My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

28 June 2006

Thank you for a fun-kay time...

Have you heard the Foo Fighter's version of Prince's slutty hit "Darling Nikki?" I've always like vintage Prince: "When Dove's Cry," "Kiss", "Purple Rain", "Rasberry Beret," "Little Red Corvette", etc. Then he started going by the New Power Generation and then nothing at all--just some stupid symbol--and I was no longer interested in His Purpleness.

I turned my radio on one day to my favorite station (98 KUPD for those livin' in the Valley of the Sun) and heard a song playing. The more I listened to it, the more I realized, "Wait a minute. This is a Prince song." For those not livin' in the Valley of the Sun, 98 KUPD is a local radio station that plays nothing but alternative music. For those of you that don't know me--or haven't read the profile--I love alternative music. Linkin Park, Live, and Fall Out Boy are my favorite groups--in that order-- and I get a dose of all three by listening to this station.

I've never been a fan of the Foo Fighters. Ok, that's a lie. They have this one song--can't remember the title--that I liked so much I had the fiancee download it for me. But that's it. So needless to say, I was surprised I heard this during my lunch hr today and had forgetten how much they killed it. Not "killed it" as in Good-God-Prince-should've-kicked-you-in-the-face-with-his-stiletto-boot-for-remaking-his-song, but "killed it" as in This-is-a-friggin'-awesome-remake-of-a-Prince-song-that-I-never-really-liked-in-the-first-place-but-now-I-like-it-because-I-can-tolerate-your-version-more.

Who knew?
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 12:32 PM |

3 comments

<< Home