My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

19 June 2006

Margaritas and Manicures

The 'ritas were virgins, of course. Can you imagine an office full of drunk women? YOW! I thought it was pretty nice of my job to set something up like this. Chocoloate covered strawberries and cream puffs, chips and salsa, veggies and dip. What did the men get, you ask? Nada. You know why? There's a game room with Foos Ball and video games. 'Nuff said.

A male co-worker said something like "Y'know something like this wouldn't make me want to come to work." I'm saying it wrong, but it was more along the lines of, "nice perk, but it wouldn't be the reason I come in to work everyday." I looked at him and thought, "Well, of course not. With the money you're making you can say that. But for us peons, it's a damn nice perk."

I've worked for companies before (SA, MC) where they work your fingers to the bone with nothing to show for it. Well, except maybe a nice check with some OT hrs on it (whatever good that does), but nothing to show for a job well done. I mean, even movie tickets would've been nice.

We've had people come in a couple of times to give chair massages, we've had catered lunches, the Mountain Man comes every month and we get to choose from all sorts of goodies (trail mix, candy, nuts, chocolate, etc) for FREE! Our work is appreciated here and they show it.

This guy may not see it, but it builds morale. Happy employees equals better productivity. Better productivity equals more money for the company. More money for the company equals better bonuses for the employees. And perks like Margaritas and Manicures.
posted by GeminiWisdom @ 10:36 AM |

1 comments

<< Home