My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

07 May 2007

S to the A to the R to the K

I have been uplifted. I have been bathed in the warm and loving light that is SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) and have been refreshed. This woman is one of my favorite authors and I gave up watching Heroes tonight so that I could see her at Changing Hands Bookstore. She's on tour promoting her new book Fabulous Friendship Festival: Loving wildly, learning deeply, living fully with our friends.

I had brought my camera with every intention of getting my picture taken with her, but my batteries had gone dead (GARRRGH!). Probably from being overworked at my booksigning event on Saturday. So you'll just have to take my word for it that this woman is phenomenal by checking out these photos from her Succulent Pajama Party last year. For those you of that don't know---and have probably guessed by now--I HEART SARK. I discovered her through my best friend, who loaned me SARK's book, Succulent Wild Woman, and I've been a devoted follower ever since. If there was a cult in which SARK was the leader, I would happily drink the "special Kool-Aid" and live on her Magic Cottage compound forever.

Her books, e-newsletter and merchandise (her calendars have designated "Nap Days." How coolio is that?) are just as wonder-full and color-full (literally) as she is. Her words of wisdom are scattered around my office and master bedroom. I've applied her method of micromovements to my writing (you've seen the posts entitled Writing Movements, right?) and it's helped me so much. I was able to tell her--and thank her--for that this evening.

There are some naysayers that don't like SARK. For what reason, I have no idea why (but I'm sure it's a stupid one). But if you're into funny, 'color-full', quirky, uplifting, non-clinical, unpreachy self-help books, then you need to check out SARK.

She will change your life for the better. I promise.

Labels: ,

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 10:06 PM |

1 comments

<< Home