My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://celisedowns.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

02 May 2007

H2O on the rocks, please...

Yahoo Featured Headline today: Water Facts and Fiction: Do you really need eight glasses of water a day? Is bottled water better than tap?

I love water. Water is my favorite drink. Now. When I was young, I drank nothing but grape juice. And it had to be the Welch's Grape Juice from the big can (y'know, like what Hawaiian Punch used to come in?). None of that frozen crap. But that's when I was young.

Now, it's what I drink the majority of the time. Plain, not flavored. Preferably ice cold or on the rocks. Not shaken. Not stirred. No lemon slice. I wake up thirsty and it's what I crave. I've even dreamed about it once or twice. Arizona is to water what famine is to Africa: it's the first thing we fret about. Screw rising gas prices, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO DO WITHOUT WATER? You need a 24oz Thirstbuster filled to the brim with Mountain Dew to get you going in the morning? I need to chug some water. I drink water with sweets (cake, pie, candy, etc), not milk. Because milk makes me thirsty for water. Shrugs. Go figure.

Needless to say, I was a bit appalled when I came to this part of the article:

"To date, no independent investigation has shown that bottled water passes more safety and health checks than tap water. In fact, the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) tested 103 brands of bottled water and concluded there was no assurance that water out of a bottle is cleaner or safer than water from the tap. Another of their conclusions didn't surprise me either: They estimated that 25 percent or more of bottled water is nothing more than tap water."

Are you shit-ting me? You tell me this after we've been buying 3 cases at a time of Kirkland brand bottled water for who knows how long? The tap water here is craptacular, hence the need for bottled water. And yes, I can tell the difference. You can practically taste the organisms in our tap water, should you be brave enough to ever drink from a drinking fountain or your faucet.

Did you notice that they didn't list what brands they tested? Pretty convenient, don't you think?

So am I to assume that Evian's pure mountain spring water from a man-made lake in a tiny little village in France isn't as pure as we're led to believe?

I think I was better off being ignorant.

Labels: ,

posted by GeminiWisdom @ 2:53 PM |

0 comments

<< Home